Medical Center is seeking Board Certified or Board Eligible Pediatric Hospitalists to staff our Pediatric Hospitalist Program located in beautiful Southeast Arizona. This is a full-time, hospital employed position with competitive compensation and full benefits package. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical malpractice; CME; sign-on bonus, and relocation allowance plus additional benefits.
A new 100-bed hospital opened April 2015 and has elevated the services in the community.
Description of Pediatric Hospitalist Services:
7 days on, 7 days off (24 hour schedule) not required to be on site, but must be within 15 minutes of campus while on duty
• Provide physician services to all pediatric inpatients admitted by Physician or any other Group Physician through the Medical Center’ s pediatric hospitalist program;
• Provide physician services to all newborns, including appropriate care as soon as possible following all deliveries and C-Sections, including circumcisions and other minor procedures;
• Attend all C-Sections and other high-risk births for purposes of monitoring fetal health and providing immediate care to the newborns;
• Respond to requests from Emergency Department Physicians for consults or direct patient care of Pediatric Patients in the Emergency Department, including admissions;
• Provide appropriate care of Pediatric Patients awaiting transfer to a NICU or transfer to another hospital for services not available at the Medical Center;
• Provide all other services reasonably required to care for pediatric inpatients, including all newborns, admitted through the Medical Center’ s pediatric hospitalist program; and
• Provide After-Hours Pediatric Hospitalist Services for unassigned Pediatric Patients who present to the Emergency Department for all pediatric inpatients at the Medical Center.
About an hour and a half south of Tucson, this is a gorgeous community of 45, 000, with a vibrant economy and Southwest culture.