Job ID: 14273
Specialty: Nurse Practitioner
Looking for two (2) experienced surgical practitioners to join our expanding clinic and hospital in fun and friendly Fargo, ND. Join 1 FT Cardiothoracic Surgeon and 1 FT Nurse Practitioner in this growing practice. *Previous surgical experience required, may consider new graduates if extensive background/experience in surgical field.
- Practice in high-volume clinic & hospital setting
- Follow-up appointments
- Assist in OR in CT/CV/Device surgeries
- Management of ICU patients; Pre- and Post-op orders, discharge planning, rounding
- Collaborative practice with excellent clinic staff
- 10-12 patients per day
- 1-5 procedures per day
- Work Monday-Friday plus on-call for emergent cases
- Rotating 1: 3 call coverage on weekends; includes management of critical patients, weekend discharge, and surgical coverage for emergent surgeries.
- Schedule rotation in clinic, OR, hospital rounds
The Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant utilizes advanced health assessment, knowledge, and decision making skills, while working both independently and in collaboration with physicians and other health care professionals. The NP/PA will provide health care to individuals and families, emphasizing health promotion and disease prevention, caring for patients ranging in age from newborn to elderly. Position requires high level of customer service skills to establish and enhance positive relationships with patients, co-workers, and others.
Education: Master’ s or Doctorate degree in Nursing or Bachelor’ s or Master’ s degree in Physician Assistant Studies from an accredited program.