254 Easton Ave
Job ID: 15827
Healthcare System in New Brunswick, NJ is further expanding its clinical genetic services. The Department of Medical Genetics and Genomic Medicine is a state-designated regional center providing in-patient and out-patient services to patients of all ages with a variety of genetically-influenced conditions.
The department houses one of the largest comprehensive Lysosomal Disease Therapy Centers in the United States, trials orphan drugs, and provides a broad range of pre-conceptional, prenatal, and postnatal genetic counseling as well as pregnancy-specific management and treatment of maternal metabolic, lysosomal, and genetic conditions.
They are seeking a third clinical geneticist to play an active role in the continued growth and development of established pediatric, metabolic, cancer, adult, and antenatal clinical genetic, educational, and clinical research services that have been provided to New Jersey and tri-state residents for 25 years.
- Provide clinical outpatient and inpatient consultations to pediatric and adult patients with known or suspected genetic and metabolic disorders
- Share on-call responsibilities to provide 24/7 coverage for emergency clinical genetic/metabolic services
- Develop clinical depth in two or more areas (e.g. metabolism, cancer, pediatric genetics, prenatal, adult genetics)
- Participate in education of residents, medical students, genetic counseling students, community attending physicians, and other departmental faculties
- Initiate clinical research, educational, and/or outreach projects in the field of medical genetics
- MD degree with experience in pediatrics and metabolism
- Must have completed a Medical Genetics residency program or Clinical Genetics fellowship program resulting in board eligibility or board certification in Medical Genetics as a Clinical Geneticist
- Must be eligible for medical licensure in the State of New Jersey
- Must achieve board certification in Clinical Genetics within one year of employment, if not previously certified
- Strong writing and interpersonal skills
Required Application Materials:
- A letter of interest outlining qualifications for the position and long-term professional goals
- Current curriculum vitae
- The names, addresses, telephone numbers, and e-mail addresses of at least three professional references