Job ID: 15211
Specialty: Medical Director/Administrative
The Department of Family Medicine seeks a Family Physician to serve as the Vice Chair of Clinical Operations, Clinical Services Division Director and Department Outpatient Medical Director. This full time position may be fixed-term or tenure-track; Clinical Associate Professor or Associate Professor rank. The position reports directly to the Chair. The position works closely with the Physicians, Medical Director, Associate Medical Director and Chief Operating Executive.
Job Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Overall responsibility for the clinical operations of the department to include the ambulatory clinic sites, the hospital inpatient service, maternity service, and nursing home care.
- Leads planning and goal setting for ambulatory clinical practice transformation work for the department, in collaboration with the leadership team.
- Supervises the ambulatory practice of clinical providers, leading them in the consistent provision of high quality, customer focused, efficient patient care.
- In alliance with the leadership team, coordinates the clinical operations of the department’ s medical staff. Serves as a member of the Clinic Directors Committee.
- As part of leadership team, promotes quality, continuous improvement and patient safety
- Works department administrator to manage the clinical services to meet or exceed budget targets.
- Provide care to patients in the ambulatory and in-patient setting.
- Precepts Family Medicine residents and students in both the ambulatory and in-patient setting.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Department Chair.
- M.D. or D.O. degree
- Board Certified in Family Medicine or Osteopathic Family Medicine.
- Minimum five (5) years clinical practice management experience
- Excellent communication, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Experience with electronic medical records.
- Experience in an academic setting
- Expertise in the implementation of the Patient-Centered Medical Homes (PCMH)
- Experience with EPIC EMR.
The Family Medicine Department is housed in a beautiful 112, 000 sq. Foot facility which is home to 40 faculty members in 6 divisions. The facility also hosts 36 Family Medicine residents and three fellows, and often a large contingent of medical students. Affiliated with 800 bed medical center with a level I trauma center which serves as the teaching hospital for the medical school
Greenville/Pitt County, NC
One the fastest growing urban centers in the state
Population of approximately 85, 000
90 miles away from the sandy beaches of North Carolina’ s Crystal Coast
Home to East Carolina University, an institution of the University of North Carolina