Job ID: 16541
Specialty: Medical Director/Administrative
To provide high quality care of all patients. To assist in directing staff in the support of the care of our patients. Demonstrates the leadership skills necessary to partner with the management staff in ongoing development and growth of a business and providing outstanding customer service. To actively participate in marketing and representing the center to the community. Oversees all clinical aspects of Center.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide high quality patient care in an effective, efficient and timely manner.
- Supervise laboratory – complete training curriculum to become certified laboratory director, and ensure compliance with regulations.
- Supervise X-Ray technicians and Medical Assistants in the performance of their duties.
- Develop & oversee policies and protocols regarding consistent medical practice by the Providers.
- Manage various facets of supervising a busy medical practice – ensure proper follow-up, perform chart review, ensure policies are followed, and work with Center Administrator to ensure proper billing.
- Ensure center has all the necessary equipment, supplies and medications to appropriately treat patients.
- Ensure medical records are completely and correctly documented – retraining staff physicians as needed.
- Assist in the acquisition, interviewing, hiring and training of new Providers and staff.
- Compile QA data and address with staff providers as needed; Periodic staff provider chart audits (monthly)
- Oversee Occupational Health Offerings, Travel Medicine Program, and Immigration Physical Offering
- Maintain FMCSA / DOT Certification; Obtain Yellow Fever Administration Certification
- Provide shift coverage for Provider Call outs; Other duties and responsibilities as needed and assigned.
- Education and Experience
- Board Certified – Family or Emergency Medicine (with 3 Years ER/UC experience); Internal Medicine OK if extensive experience with Pediatrics / Urgent Care
- Excellent communicator with staff, management team, patients and family members
- Professional appearance and attitude
- Active and current medical licensure in the State of Maryland
- Active and current DEA number and state controlled substance certificate, as needed.
- Able to multi-task and work independently