Seeking Board Certified (BC) Neurologist to become Director of the Neurology Residency Program Clinic. Can be outpatient only or subspecialty interests with inpatient, i.e. stroke, headache, epilepsy, etc.
The Neurologist will work in a dual role as clinician and graduate medical educator as a core faculty of the Neurology Residency Program with Clinical / Direct Patient Care (70%) and Graduate Medical Education including Administrative / Managerial (30%).
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Work independently as a member of the Medical Staff, with full clinical privileges, and provides clinical consultation and oversight to professional staff in the outpatient Neurology Residency Program clinics.
2. Have dedicated time devoted to direct patient care and graduate medical education including administrative duties.
3. Direct the Neurology Residency Program Continuity Clinic and supervise Neurologists in the Neurology Residency Program Sub-Specialty Clinics.
4. Assist the Director of the Neurology Residency Program in the design, development, and implementation of clinical and GME programs for the clinic teams; and find ways to improve production or increase quality of work produced by his/her providers.
5. Hear and resolve complaints from multidisciplinary providers that pertain to any of his / her direct report provider.
6. Be directly involved in the training and supervision of Neurology Residents and Medical Students rotating through the outpatient Neurology Residency Program clinics.
1. Completion of ACGME-approved Neurology Residency and Supervisory/Medical Director experience.
2. Possess the requisite Neurology expertise and competence in clinical care and teaching abilities, as well as documented educational and administrative abilities in the field of Neurology.
3. Must be certified in the specialty of Neurology by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology.
4. Expected to hold a clinical faculty appointment with the College of Medicine at the Professor, Associate Professor or Assistant Professor rank.
Located minutes south of Orlando with easy access to all it has to offer.