Job ID: 17205
Specialty: Nurse Practitioner
Nurse Practitioner with Cardiology experience needed 30 miles outside Houston, Texas
Experienced Cardiac Nurse Practitioner wanted to evaluate patients, assist in procedures and oversee clinical staff. Candidate must have experience in cardiology as advanced practice provider.
- Functions independently to perform age-appropriate history and physical for patients.
- Orders and interprets diagnostic and therapeutic tests relative to patient’ s age-specific needs.
- Prescribes appropriate pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic treatment modalities
- Implements interventions to support the patient to regain or maintain physiologic stability, including but not limited to serving in the first assisting role.
- Facilitates the patient’ s transition within and between health care settings
- Collaborates with multidisciplinary team members by making appropriate referrals.
- Facilitates staff, patient and family decision making by providing educational tools.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- 1-2 years experience needed
- Graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner Program
- Current Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) Licensure
- Current Nurse Practitioner certification in Cardiology
- Current provider card in Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS); PALS provider card as required by department and facility
- Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Clinical perioperative experience. 2 years’ experience in the Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant role preferred.
Required licenses or certifications:
- Nurse Practitioner
- Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN)
Cardiology Services Offered:
Carotid Doppler Ultrasound
Nuclear Stress Test
Dobutamine stress echocardiogram