Job ID: 16199
Specialty: Nurse Practitioner
General Nature / Purpose of Work:
This position provides day-to-day clinical care and operational activities for the Medical Department of aviation plant, including direct patient care, case management, scheduling, paper flow and overall customer service.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
I. Clinical Care – provides direct patient care including:
- evaluation and management of patients with both work-related and non-work related injuries and illnesses;
- history and physicals for purposes of pre-placement, surveillance, return-to-work and fitness for duty and foreign travel;
- diagnostic testing: audiometry, spirometry, breath alcohol, visual screening, electrocardiograms
- specimen collection: phlebotomy, urine collections etc;
- vaccine administration;
- response to medical emergencies
- case management
- health screening
- patient/health education
II. Operational Activities
- ensure the provision of prompt, appropriate clinical care to all patients in conformance with clinical protocols, state regulations and professional standards;
- develop relationships with “ key” management to achieve continually increasing customer satisfaction and penetration;
- assist in development of systems and procedures to ensure consistent efficient operation and adherence to client' s philosophy, standards and all applicable regulations;
- ensure timely and appropriate problem resolution and follow up to patients and management;
- ensure all patients and clients receive prompt, courteous, friendly and professional attention to their needs and requests;
- ensure all facilities are neat, clean and attractive;
- assist in orientation of all new clinic personnel;
- assist in development of new administrative policies and procedures as needed to ensure smooth operation of clinic;
- work with Plant Physician, Regional Coordinator, Director and Assistant Director of Occupational Medicine to resolve problems in the clinic;
- coordinate and arrange specialty referrals as necessary;
- ensure staff knowledge and application of OSHA regulations/safety standards and policies and procedures;
- conduct self in an exemplary fashion to achieve goals and set example for others within the clinic;
- establish communication channels with staff, physicians, contractors and consultants to ensure that they receive information on internal and external issues which effect the operations of the assigned areas as well as provide advise, assistance and service that aids them in attaining their related objectives;
- address patient complaints and ensure prompt resolution of their concerns;
Education and Experience:
- Successful completion of an approved NP/PA program.
- Registered/certified by the Vermont Board of Physicians/ Vermont Board of Nursing
- Board certified by the National Commission or Certification of Physician Assistants / AANP.
- Minimum twelve (12) months related experience (adult medicine).
- Occupational Medicine experience preferred.
Special Skills / Knowledge:
- Analytical ability necessary to evaluate and determine health status of patient and implement proper care;
- Interpersonal skills necessary to interview, teach and counsel patients, instruct / manage support staff and interact with clients / employees;
- A comprehensive understanding of outpatient adult medicine, patient care procedures, medical protocols, testing procedures is necessary.
- Possess a basic knowledge of FMLA guidelines.
Machines / Equipment:
- PC and PC applications along with other general office equipment;
- Specialty equipment as indicated under “ Clinical Care” section.