- Ten to twelve 24-hour shifts/month
- The hospitalists’ daily census typically ranges from 6-14 patients
- 24-hour block scheduling
- Skills and experience with basic procedures (central lines, intubations and vent management) are highly preferred
- The hospital has a modern ICU and is about to open a new Women’ s Center with state-of-the-art LDR room
- Our ER docs normally admit at night with the hospitalist making rounds the next morning. Anesthesia support is available 24 hours per day
- Round in the morning and in the evening, and cover hospitalized patients for the remainder of the 24 hour shift
- Come in to the hospital for admissions
- From 10 pm to 6 am, bridge orders from the emergency room are an option
- Hospitalists do not need to be on the hospital campus between morning and evening rounds, unless there are patients requiring their presence.
- Procedures are vents, standard ICU patient management (with help of teleintensivist from University of Utah), intubations (anesthesia back-up), central lines (surgery back-up), pulmonary, cardio, etc.
- Normal demographic of patients, nothing out of the ordinary. No head trauma or other messy or complex trauma.
Loan Repayment Assistance
CME Reimbursement and Time Off
- Veritable paradise for the outdoor enthusiast. Boating, fishing, hiking, white-water rafting, mountain biking, camping - whatever your outdoor passion, it’ s all here.