Job ID: 17206
Specialty: Physician Assistant
Physician Assistant with Cardiology experience needed 30 miles outside Houston, Texas
Experienced Cardiac Physician Assistant wanted to evaluate patients, assist in procedures and oversee clinical staff. Candidate must have experience in cardiology.
- Functions independently to perform age-appropriate history and physical for patients.
- Orders and interprets diagnostic and therapeutic tests relative to patient’ s age-specific needs.
- Prescribes appropriate pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic treatment modalities
- Implements interventions to support the patient to regain or maintain physiologic stability, including but not limited to serving in the first assisting role.
- Facilitates the patient’ s transition within and between health care settings
- Collaborates with multidisciplinary team members by making appropriate referrals.
- Facilitates staff, patient and family decision making by providing educational tools.
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant program
- Current Physician Assistant certification in Cardiology
- Current provider card in Basic Life Support (BLS) and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS); PALS provider card as required by department and facility
- Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Clinical perioperative experience. 2 years’ experience in Physician Assistant role preferred.
Required licenses or certifications:
- State of Texas - Physician Assistant
Cardiology Services Offered:
Carotid Doppler Ultrasound
Nuclear Stress Test
Dobutamine stress echocardiogram