Job ID: 16399
Specialty: Family Practice
Primary Care Physician/Medical Director.New Haven, CT area
Job Responsibilities: Primary Care Physician (80%)
- Examine, obtain medical history and treat acute and chronic illnesses.
- Order, perform and interpret diagnostic tests.
- Create treatment plans, and involve patients and family members in those plans.
- Initiate appropriate specialty referrals.
- Collaborate on improvement in care delivery and service with management, other physicians and staff.
- Work with care team to close care gaps and improve quality measures.
- Participate in Patient-Centered Medical Home (PCMH) and Accountable Care Organization (ACO) initiatives.
- Work with practice management to ensure compliance with billing and coding requirements.
- Supervise residents, medical students and other students as assigned.
- Provide on call coverage within the primary care group.
Job Responsibilities: Medical Director, Primary Care Division (20%)
- Organizes and coordinates services provided by primary care providers within the group.
- Oversee the development of medical services, including protocols, standard procedures and management of patient-care activities.
- Participates in the recruitment of physician and non-physician providers within the group.
- Sets performance standards, completes and delivers annual performance reviews of providers and assists in the establishment of standards for non-provider clinical staff within the group.
- Overseas the work of the care coordination team, including chronic disease management, transitional care and other population health initiatives.
- Serves as champion for population health initiatives within the group and serves as liaison on such matters to Griffin Hospital, including as a representative on the Accountable Care Organization (ACO) Steering Committee.
- Create and publish call schedule for primary care group.
- Graduation from accredited medical school (MD or DO).
- Graduation from accredited Internal Medicine or Family Medicine residency program.
- Valid and unrestricted Connecticut medical license or ability to obtain.
- Valid DEA registration and Controlled Substance Certificate.
- Board certified in Internal Medicine or Family Medicine.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in an outpatient primary care office.
- Experience with population health programs.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive salary plus incentive compensation based on productivity and quality measures. Physician will also share in bonus awards from based on participation in quality or utilization programs from various insurers.
- Generous paid time off includes vacation, holidays, sick time and CME.
Benefits include medical, vision, dental (including orthodontia), 401k with employer match and CME allowance.