Specialty: Surgery - Oncology
Job Number: 16508
Physician Group in Urbana, Illinois is seeking an additional BE/BC fellowship-trained Surgical Oncologist. The position includes the opportunity for collaborative research with the University of Illinois College of Medicine at Urbana Champaign and a faculty appointment at the University for interested candidates. With the new College of Medicine coming soon, more opportunities for collaborative research and teaching will be available for interested candidates.
Practice Opportunity Details Include:
- Comprehensive Surgical Oncology practice: pancreatic cancer surgery (Whipple procedures, distal pancreatectomies), liver surgery for liver metastases and primary liver cancer, biliary tract surgeries, gastric cancer surgeries, esophagectomies, wide local excisions and sentinel lymph node biopsies for melanoma, extremity soft tissue sarcomas.
- Strong Advanced Endoscopy Program for GI and pancreatico-biliary tracts
- Strong Interventional Radiology Program and an opportunity for multidisciplinary collaboration and management of liver cancers.
- Strong and well established Medical Oncology and Radiation Oncology Programs with multidisciplinary cancer care.
- Weekly disease site Tumor Boards, including GI Tumor Board.
- Active in clinical trials, the Cancer Center is nationally recognized in Oncology.
- Admit to only one hospital - Foundation Hospital, a centralized and integrated medical campus adjacent from outpatient clinic.
- Surgical oncologist will have a register nurse (RN) that covers his/her service only.
- State-of-the-art facilities at our Cancer Center and Mills Breast Cancer Institute
- This institute brings together a joint partnership with physician researchers and University of Illinois scientists who conduct translational research and clinical studies at our 25, 000 square foot Biomedical Research Center.
- Must have experience and a continued interest working with surgical residents/medical students and qualify for faculty appointment with the University of Illinois College of Medicine.
- Candidates with postgraduate experience after fellowship training preferred.
- Dedicated to providing patient-focused care
- Enjoy individual clinical autonomy combined with the efficiency of a financially-sound and innovative multispecialty group practice
- Strong physician-centered management with progressive strategic plan
- Employed position
- Leading-edge technology, including EPIC EMR
- Employs more than 400 physicians and 250 advanced practice providers
- Opportunity for academic and/or research affiliation with the University of Illinois College of Medicine at Urbana-Champaign
- Competitive compensation/benefit package including paid malpractice insurance with 100% tail coverage and relocation package
- Unfortunately, this position does not qualify for J-1 visa waivers