Trauma Nurse Practitioner Opportunity in Philadelphia, PA
The CRNP' s primary focus on the trauma team is continuity of patient care throughout all phases of hospitalization, especially the intensive care unit, utilizing advanced practice skills and knowledge, he/she collaborates with multiple disciplines to provide for optimal patient care.
· The trauma CRNP will create daily reports (Flowsheets) regarding all patients admitted within the past 24 hours to the trauma service. She/He will participate in the morning and evening clinical reports/sign outs for the trauma service.
· Pre-round on all trauma patients and collect patient data prior to rounds
· Participate in the daily clinical rounds with the trauma surgeon as part of the trauma service.
· Assist in trauma activations, transports and consults as needed.
· Perform and/or assist in all trauma patient bedside procedures.
· All clinical activities are to be performed collaboratively with the members of the trauma service.
· Document all patient care and related activities in accordance with trauma policies and guidelines.
· Documentation of patient care as required for hospital and physician reimbursement.
· Respond promptly to all provider specific clinical issues that require loop closure.
· On a daily basis, communicate appropriate findings from clinical rounds to trauma division personnel.
· Concurrently maintain the trauma service patient flowsheet by updating daily.
· The CRNP/PA will be responsible for the timely and accurate reporting of clinical care data, which includes, but is not limited to Systems quality of care issues, Provider quality of care issues, Documentation of care issues
?· The CRNP will assist the Trauma Program Manager and Trauma Program Director in trauma program development, program reviews and evaluation as requested.
Must have a PA license and be a graduate of an accredited masters Acute Care Nurse Practitioner program and eligible for credentialing by the hospital board. Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in an advanced practice role, ACLS certification, prescriptive authority and DEA are required.
Offering competitive salary, liability malpractice insurance, and other excellent benefits.