- Neurology Residency in need of Academic Vascular Neurologist in Orlando.
- Searching for a Board Certified (BC) Neurologist to work with the program, residents and stroke team.
As a Comprehensive Stroke Center/Neuroscience Center, we are able to provide a full range of services for the prevention, detection, treatment, and rehabilitation of stroke and other neurological disorders. We have dedicated units and beds for our stroke and neuro patients. We also provide a full continuum of stroke care with specialty trained neurology nurses, nurse practitioners, therapists, pharmacists, case managers, along with 24/7 Neurology, Neurosurgery, and Interventional Neuroradiology coverage for our stroke patients.
The Vascular Neurologist will work inpatient with the comprehensive stroke team along with achieving continuity of care by following patients after discharge in the outpatient clinic.
Looking for an academic vascular neurologist to provide supervision and teaching of residents and medical students. This neurologist will also serve as faculty or Associate Program Director of the Neurology Residency Program (depending on level of teaching/faculty experience and professorship) with at least 70% of time assigned to Direct Patient Care and 30% to Graduate Medical Education including Program Administrative /Supervision/Didactic responsibilities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Work independently as a member of the Medical Staff, with full clinical privileges, and provide clinical consultation and supervision to residents and other staff in the neurology residency program clinics.
2. Have dedicated time devoted to direct patient care (70%) and graduate medical education including administrative duties (30%).
3. Work with the Comprehensive Stroke team.
4. Assist the Director of the Neurology in the design, development, and implementation of the neurology program.
5. Hear and resolve complaints from multidisciplinary providers that pertain to any of his / her direct report providers.
6.Be directly involved in the training and supervision of Neurology Residents and Medical Students rotating through the Neurology Residency Program clinics and inpatient rotations.
1. Completion of ACGME-approved Neurology Residency.
2. Possess the requisite Neurology expertise and competence in clinical care and teaching abilities, as well as documented educational and administrative abilities in the field of Neurology.
3. Must be certified in the specialty of Neurology by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology along with vascular neurology or like subspecialties.
Pleasing family oriented residential communities with quick access to multiple theme parks and numerous cultural opportunities. Both the Atlantic and Gulf of Mexico beaches are just a short drive away.