Fort Pierce/Port St. Lucie,
Job ID: 18092
Specialty: Psychiatry - Adult
Job #18092 | BC/BE Psychiatrists needed - Treasure Coast of Florida
Seeking 3 BC/BE Geriatric / Adult and/or Adolescent Psychiatrists for a Hospital Employed practice located along the Treasure Coast of Florida.
- Both Inpatient and Outpatient responsibilities
- Psychiatrists covers a 24 bed inpatient unit
- 10 days of call.
- Daily Inpatient coverage requires 2 FT to complete patient rounding, provide consultations for the medical departments, complete 1st and 2nd opinions, and also, as needed, cover court hearings as delegated by the Medical Director. (Medical Director will only delegate court to other Psychiatrist during times of illness, vacation, emergencies)
- Practice has opened an IOP-Intensive Outpatient Program; 3 evenings / week M, W, Th. from 5 p.m. - 8: 30 p.m.
- There is an opportunity for one of the FT Psychiatrists to be appointed as the Medical Director for this program. The IOP Medical Director will provide a minimum of 10 hrs/month for IOP oversight and supervision, in addition to conducting initial Psychiatric assessments, and bi-weekly visits, and orders for admissions/discharges.
- The average number of consults/day is 5.
- The average Inpatient census is 17, so no more than 7-8 patients per psychiatrist.
- We are seeking a Psychiatrist who will provide ECT in partnership with our Inpatient Medical Director.
- When the Adolescent Unit opens, we will need to appoint a Medical Director to that unit.
- Competitive Salary, benefits, WRVU bonus, relocation allowance and Medical Malpractice offered