Medical Center is seeking experienced cardiac critical care physicians to join team
• 24 hour Physician coverage of 24 Bed Cardiac ICU in a collaborative care model
• 12 hour shifts 7 AM – 7 PM / 7 PM – 7 AM
• 15 shifts per month in blocks with ample time off; day and night shifts
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Position will handle any Cardiac and thoracic patients enrolled in collaborative care model in the unit as part of their daily patient census.
• Will need to have basic echocardiography skills, be comfortable with the interpretation of invasive and non-invasive hemodynamic monitoring systems, and comfortable with the PA catheter insertion and chest tube insertion.
• Experience monitoring both VA and VV ECMO is advantageous
Cardiothoracic Surgery Team is comprised of surgeons, advanced practice clinicians, anesthesiologists, perfusionists, PT, OT, Nutrition, and case management all working together as a cohesive team to provide excellent evidence based individualized patient care. We provide the full spectrum of contemporary cardiac and thoracic surgical procedures as well as invasive and non invasive cardiology options.
Successful candidates will enjoy a robust clinic practice with amazing growth trajectory. Reporting structure will include reporting directly to the medical director/Chief of Cardiac surgery as well as the critical care physician consortium, while maintaining the distinction and clinical focus of Cardiac Critical Care Physician.
? Gainesville is home to University of Florida and it offers a high quality of life to its residents.