1239 East Main Street
Specialty: Surgery - Cardio-Thoracic
Job Number: 17375
Seeking an exceptional Cardiothoracic Surgeon;
Amazing quality of life for a cardiothoriacic surgeon in southern Illinois
Come join our team!
MD or DO
J1 and H1 welcome
3rd Cardiothoracic Surgeon needed to join our growing group!
- Very Competitive compensation package (discussed with candidate)
- Hospital employed group
- Established program
- wRVU Bonus
- Sign On Bonus
- Student Loan Forgiveness
- 5 days paid CME with allowance
- Celebrating over 10 Years of Open Heart Surgery
- State of-the-Art Equipment includes Di Vinci Robotics NOR, PAC System, Diagnostics, and EMR
- Premier Hospital System in Southern Illinois,
- Physician Focused Administration, dedicated heart team
- 250, 000 Population Primary Service Area Covering 6 Counties, 10 Additional Collar Counties Additional 100k Population
- 60 Primary Care Referring Physicians, all specialty backup
- Accredited ChestPainCenter Cycle III
- 4 Cardiac Catheterization labs; one biplane lab: 24/7 coverage
- Affiliated with a group of 11 Cardiologists, Consultants 6 diagnostic, 4 interventional and 1 EP
- PCI center for the STEMI system of care in Prairie STAT Heart Program, coordinated between 10 Regional Hospitals
- Silver Award winning hospital by the ACTION Registry for AMI care
- Cardiac, Thoracic, Peripheral and endovascular skills desired
You will be living in beautiful southern Illinois, a hidden treasure in America’ s heartland. The region is bounded by the Ohio and Mississippi rivers and dotted with accessible lakes nestled in the great hardwoods in the hills of the Shawnee National Forest. The area is rich with state parks, including famous Giant City State Park and Lodge, Garden of the Gods and Little Grand Canyon.
There is boating and sailing, fishing, hiking and rock climbing, winding horse trails and miles of cycling paths. You can also tee up at over 25 golf-courses or take a trip on the southern Illinois wine trail where you can visit dozens of wineries and bed and breakfasts. Music festivals and local fairs are numerous and there are many historical attractions, unique shops and towns and fine restaurants with local and international cuisine.
Local shopping includes many quality, national stores and, in southern Illinois, you are only two hours from St. Louis, three hours from Nashville or Memphis and six hours from Chicago. It is also a great area for your children with good schools, many of them newly built with above average student assessment scores.
Climate is mild, with an extended and vibrant fall season, mild winters, and long, warm Spring seasons. Average rainfall is 44.6 inches, snowfall 11 inches, low temperature averages 46.1 degrees and high temperatures average 66.8 degrees.
All of this quality lifestyle comes at a very pleasant cost. One may purchase a new home on land with room for horses for less than the price of a home in many cities. The average three-bedroom home costs $160, 000.