254 Easton Ave
Specialty: Pediatrics - Child Abuse
Job Number: 18659
We are seeking a Child Abuse Pediatrician for our Child Protection Center and General Pediatrics Division.
- Serve as a key member of a multidisciplinary team including clinical social workers, psychologists, board-certified child abuse pediatricians, specialty child abuse nurses, technical and administrative staff.
- Conduct assessments of both physical and sexual abuse cases, as well as, working with our comprehensive evaluation for children' s program, conducting assessments for children entering the foster care system.
- Provide general pediatrics services with both outpatient and inpatient responsibilities if desired but not necessary.
- You are a BC/BE Child Abuse Pediatrician.
- You are licensed or eligible for licensure in the State of New Jersey.
About the Team:
A state-designated child protection center, our Child Protection Center (CPC) serves seven counties in central New Jersey. The CPC provides crisis intervention, child abuse assessments and referrals to community resources. A multidisciplinary team of doctors, nurses, psychologists and clinical social workers trained to recognize and help victims work with children and their families to try and prevent future abuse. In addition, our staff provides expert consultation to social agencies, reviews sexual and physical cases for the prosecutor' s office, and testifies in court cases of child abuse and neglect. Teaching is also a major part of the Child Protection Center' s mission. The staff gives hundreds of presentations to medical students and residents, hospital staffs, law enforcement personnel, prosecutors, DYFS social workers, and school personnel about how to identify abuse and respond to victims and their families.
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits. You will work in a collaborative environment with a team that has a strong work ethic. The hospital is surrounded by welcoming communities, large academic centers and is minutes from wonderful homes, excellent schools, and quaint New Jersey towns. We are a 45-minute train ride to New York City and an easy 45-minute drive to beautiful beaches.