Job ID: 16519
Physician Group is seeking research active BE/BC Gastroenterologist to join our twelve-member Digestive Health Institute (DHI) as the Research Program Coordinator for the Digestive Health Institute.The Digestive Health Institute provides an attractive clinical practice environment.
- Treat patients in a state-of-the-art, 10-suite procedural lab
- All services for Gastroenterology and Colon-Rectal surgeons are provided seamlessly in a centralized area which includes exam rooms, preparation and recovery bays, procedural rooms and space for research
- Call 1: 8
- Advanced digestive health services and programs that include but not limited to the following: EUS, ERCP, VCE, Fibroscan, Double Balloon Enteroscopies, Manometry, etc.
- Multidisciplinary teams and care navigators provide comprehensive care clinics for IBD, Cancer and Hepatology patients
- Enjoy individual clinical autonomy combined with the efficiency of a financially-sound and innovative multispecialty group practice
- Four Advanced Practice Providers see clinic patients; three Advanced Practice Providers work with the on-call physician in the hospital
- Excellent and experienced nursing staff
Administratively, the Research Program Coordinator will lead the development of a strategy to grow the Digestive Health Institute’ s clinical research program. The Program Coordinator, in partnership with clinical and operational teams, provides direction for the digestive health clinical trials program, supports growth of a clinical research culture and engages in collaborative research with the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Protected time for administration of the research program will be provided to conduct the following:
- Develop strategy to grow and integrate the DHI research program into the clinical care environment
- Secure clinical trials that advance the DHI clinical program and support the needs of our patient population
- Mentor new physician researchers and provide training for physicians engaging in clinical trials and clinical research
- Expand the research portfolio into other types of research (i.e. investigator led)
- Serve as a resource and subject matter expert for physicians or residents and students developing a research protocol.
- MD or MD-PhD
- Board Certified or Board Eligible
- Strong background in diseases of the digestive system
- Five (5) or more years of clinical research experience
- Experience with pharmaceutical clinical trials
- Experience with collaborative academic translational research, preferred
- Familiarity with regulatory processes governing clinical research including FDA
- Understanding of mechanisms to foster clinical research culture and mentor new investigators
- Ability to work in a partnered environment
excellent benefit package including health/dental/life insurance, 403-B plan with employer match, LTD, relocation allowance, CME allowance, and paid malpractice insurance with 100% tail insurance covered.