Emergency Medicine Program Director to replace an excellent and hardworking Director who will be leaving for personal reasons. Come be a part of an educational environment conducive to educating residents in each of the ACGME competency areas though quality of didactic and clinical education of the residency program. .
Qualifications of an ACGME Emergency Medicine Residency Program Director are:
• Must possess requisite specialty expertise and documented and administrative experience acceptable to the Review Committee
• Have current certification in the specialty by the American Board of Emergency Medicine
• Have current medical licensure
• Has at least three years’ experience as a core faculty member in an ACGME-accredited emergency medicine program
• Maintain active clinical practice in emergency medicine
Our ideal candidate would be someone that meets the above and has:
• A minimum of three years’ experience as a current Program Director or Associate Program Director.
• Produced works of scholarship as evidenced by peer reviewed publications of original research, review articles, textbook chapters as well as presentations at local, regional or national professional or scientific meetings.
• 82, 000 combined annual ED visits: 66, 000 Main ED and 16, 000 Peds ED
• Level II Trauma Center
• New EM Residency started 2015/16 with first class coming out this year
• Main ED: 55-bed ED and Fast Track Treatment area
• Meditech Documentation EMR
• 9-bed PEDS ED with dedicated staff: 24 hrs of physician coverage
• Stellar subspecialty backup due to trauma designation - trauma surgeons and anesthesia in-house 24/7
Additional certs required: BC/BP EM (ABEM/AOBEM) Residency Trained. Must have active ATLS, BLS, ACLS and PALS. 16 trauma CME' s and 10 stroke CME' s
Joint Commission accredited 404-bed level II trauma hospital. It is centrally located only minutes from Orlando, St. Cloud, Celebration and Poinciana. Family-oriented residential communities with quick access to multiple theme parks and numerous cultural opportunities. Both the Atlantic and Gulf of Mexico beaches are just a short drive away.