Level 2 trauma center with high acuity seeks Program Director to help develop and implement a NEW ACGME EM residency. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced, motivated physician leader to have input in building a program from the ground up. The Program Director will be responsible for the development and operation of the Emergency Medicine Residency Program and will oversee the activities of the residents and other faculty members.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experiences as a core faculty member in an ACGME accredited EM program & demonstrated exp. in a leadership role
• Current certification by ABEM or AOBEM;
• Evidence of ongoing involvement in scholarly activity, including peer-reviewed publications
• 28 bed Level 2 trauma ED staffed with 12 EM residency trained physicians
• 59, 000 annual visits from 13 county, 600k person referral area
• Subspecialty coverage available in all specialties including ortho, neuro, cardiothoracic and vascular surgery
• Comprehensive stroke center with neuroendovascular lab which treated 1600 pts during last 2 yrs
• ACGME IM residency began July 2018 with 13 residents
• Develop and lead the operation of the EM Residency Program
• Oversee the activities of the residents and other faculty members
• Recruit, interview, and select residents, and facilitate the involvement of residents
• Assist the Medical Center in recruiting a sufficient number of appropriately trained and qualified faculty members to conduct the program.
• Participate with the DME/DIO and VPMA in the overall formulation, review and revision of policies and procedures, and structure and content of the curriculum for the program.
• Structure, coordinate, and participate with the faculty in providing a didactic program for residents in compliance with ACGME requirements
• Ideal candidate will have experience developing a program from beginning through implementation & will have strong administrative and team-building skills.
• Additional responsibilities as outlined by ACGME & available to interested candidates
Competitive salary including but not limited to paid vacation, matching retirement, health, dental and vision insurance options • Commencement bonus and relocation allowance • CME allowance, paid malpractice and paid licensing fee • Protected time minimum 50% (20 hours/ week) dedicated to program educational and administrative duties