Job Number: 20921
Extensivist Physician needed in Ocala, FL
The Top 5% of the Medicare Advantage population is the Highest Risk and Highest Cost segment that consumes upwards of 50% of all Utilization. The Extensivist Care Program creates an environment for regular monitoring and interventions for the various conditions the Patient may have. The Extensivist Physician will lead the multidisciplinary team and provide direct Provision of Care on this high-risk population.
- Board certified in Internal Medicine
- Minimum Experience: 5-7 years of Hospitalist, or Internist experience preferred
- Medical Doctorate (M.D.) or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (D.O.); Internal Medicine
- Medical License in the state of Florida
- DEA license
- See, treat and co-manage Patients (high risk, frail population) in Extensivist office and home setting
- Execute evidence-based Provision of Medicine for the various diseases and conditions on the High Risk Patients
- Review all Patients that are hospitalized with team members
- Supervise, mentor and assist Advanced Practice Registered Nurse telephonically, tele-health, and at the bedside
- Across all settings of care, create a comprehensive and coordinated Plan of Care which takes into account information from medical records, the Patient and their families, Primary Care Physicians, and Specialists as necessary
- Communicate Plan of Care with Patients or their families/caregivers and the Primary Care Physician during the longitudinal continuum of care and any changes in the Patient’ s health condition
- Work with the Care Team including APRN, RN, CSW to ensure the Patient is supported when care is transitioned from one setting to the next
- Keeps PCP updated on Patient status and actions taken
- Lead and participate in Complex Case Management multidisciplinary meeting
- Develop and communicate recommendations to leadership in an effort to continuously enhance care delivery system
- Participates in On-Call program which may include after-hours, weekends, holiday calls, and visitations.
- Direct reports would include APRN, RN, CSW, and Program Coordinator
- Extensivist Physician to report to Chief Medical Officer (CMO)
- This job operates in a professional medical office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines
- The medical office is equipped with standard medical equipment to evaluate and treat Patients
- This is an active role. Requires walking between rooms to actively examine and treat Patients
- Frequent bending and lifting
Position Type/ Expected Hours of Work:
- This is a full time position and core hours of work and days are Monday to Friday 8: 00 a.m. - 5: 00 p.m. and Saturday 8: 00 a.m. - 12: 00 p.m.
- Extended hours to accommodate Patient urgent and emergent care needs will be expected
- Approximately 10% of travel required to Patient home, as needed
- Quarterly visits to Corporate office in Florida may be required
Additional Eligibility and Qualifications:
- Ability to use Electronic Medical Record (EMR) system to document Patient encounters
- Knowledge of ICD-10 Coding and STAR Measures attainment
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve complex, multifaceted, and emotionally charged situations.
- Ability to successfully manage conflict, negotiating “ win-win” solutions.
- Strong organizational, task prioritization skills.
- Computer literacy on G-Suite products and database programs.
- Satisfactory completion of a pre-placement Tuberculosis test is a requirement for this position