9304 Medical Plaza Dr. Suite C
Specialty: Family Practice
Job Number: 18762
Current Family Medicine Core Faculty positions open in Savannah, GA. Exciting opportunity to be a part of growing a program that is focused on training residents in the Southeast to become full-scope family physicians. The program is a 6-6-6 program. The residency has been in existence since 1970 and will continue to serve the Savannah community for years to come. The position provides opportunities to teach residents and medical students through a partnership with Mercer University School of Medicine' s 4-year Savannah campus.
Interest in candidates willing to assume a leadership role in program development and building the family medicine continuity clinic. The faculty is responsible for the care of the patients in their practices through management of a personal panel of patients and the supervision of learners in the care of patients. Applicants must possess or be eligible for medical licensure in the State of Georgia. Competitive Salary and Benefits.
Function as a member of the family medicine faculty with responsibilities including:
• Didactic teaching on ambulatory topics
• Clinical supervision of residents in outpatient settings
• Provision of direct patient care in outpatient settings
• Serving as an advisor and role model for residents
• Learner remediation as required and directed by the program director
• Participation and leadership in quality improvement and patient safety activities
• Participation in program clinical competency and program evaluation committees.
• MD/DO degree
• Georgia Medical License or Eligible for Georgia Medical License
• DEA Certificate
• ABFM Board Certified