9733 Healthyway Drive
Job Number: 18740
Hospitalist Physician Position in Ocean City, Maryland Area
o All hospitalists work well together and help each other out.
o Must handle ICU admissions during the night shift, but intensivists are on call 24/7 Intensivists go home on call
o Hospitalist need to respond to codes, but no procedures required.
o Avg admissions: 8 (both night/day)
o Avg patients: 12-14/day. Busier in the summer months (we are the closest hospital to Ocean City, MD)
o Hospital has a total of 62 beds
o SCHEDULING: NOT a block schedule. Hospitalists work 14-16 shifts/month (flexible scheduling) for full-time. The 16th shift is considered the max # of shifts a doc needs to work in a month in order to receive the higher Premium Pay hourly rate. Three possible shift types: attending shifts, admitting(flex) shifts, night shifts. Normally, there are 2 attending hospitalists, 1 admitting hospitalist, and 1 nocturnist (Noct. Is the only hospitalist covering nights).
- Attending, 7am-6pm.
- Admitting (Flex), 8/9 hour shift coming in at 10: 00/11: 00
- Nights/nocturnist, 6pm-7am
· Hourly comp for monthly shifts 1-16:
o Hospitalists with less than 5 years of experience: $119/hr.
o Hospitalists with 5+ years of experience: $124/hr
o There is a $10 hourly night differential
· Hourly comp for monthly shifts 16+:
o Day-time shifts: $150/hr
o Night-time Shifts: $160/hr
· Total comp potential: $260k + bonus
· Hospitalist Bonus potential - $160k/year; $80k/6 month: split between 8 (currently)
· Bonus structure for both specialties is based on quality and wRVU (Maryland started H-chip)
· Health benefits, CME $3, 500, $1, 000 licensing. NO vacation package and no set time off for CME.
- American trained/US Carib. Med school preferred; IMG/FMG may be considered (must be a good fit)
- No visas candidates
- BC/BE – eligible with intent to certify
- For Hospitalists: immediate need, NO 2019s yet. Prefer experienced and BC in Internal Medicine/ Family Medicine (FM or IM is fine)