Job ID: 17959
Specialty: Medical Director/Administrative
Faculty Internal Medicine Physicians needed to serve as Attending Physician
- Work at a 325 bed acute care teaching hospital with more than 300 medical staff physicians representing all specialties at one of the region’ s leading health care providers
- Excellent compensation package:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Health, Dental, Life, Disability and Malpractice Insurance
- 401(k) matching
- Paid time off (including sick, vacation and holidays)
- CME stipend and paid time off
- License, CDS and DEA certification reimbursement
- Located in Central New Jersey within minutes of Philadelphia
- Supervise associate third year chiefs with respect to conference development, scheduling simulation evaluation activities and standardized patient activities.
- Counsel residents and act as a resident advisor mentor.
- Mediate resident conflicts.
Teaching and Evaluation
- Conduct Morning Report (Intake Rounds) and Sign Out Rounds
- Perform mincex' s and observed evaluations of internal medicine residents.
- Deliver lectures and conferences as assigned-At least one didactic lecture/week
- Provide resident performance feedback and appraisal as assigned.
- Evaluate residents using New Innovations in a timely manner as determined by program director.
- Utilize Milestone documents and EPAS in evaluating residents
- Provide clinical practice and preceptor supervision as a junior faculty member as delineated in department procedures and resident handbook. This includes inpatient faculty service, medical continuity clinic, and medical consults.
- Provide overnight, weekend, and holiday coverage in rotation with other faculty members.
- Provide administrative coverage in rotation with faculty members.
- Submit appropriate documentation for patient services.
- Serve on Committees as assigned by Chair and Associate Program Director of Department of Medicine.
- Attend faculty and Department of Medicine meetings.
- Assist third year chiefs with scheduling and maintaining ACGME work and Duty hours.
- Monitor resident PTO time and personal days in conjunction with program coordinator
- Assist Program Director and Associate Program Director with Curriculum review and development.
- Assist Program Director and Associate Program Director in maintaining accurate attendance reports
- Participate in preparation for ACGME, Cler, and program accreditation site visits
- Assist residents and faculty in developing research projects, Cler performance improvement projects, and training a resident ACP College Bowl competition team
- Cover faculty for scheduled and unscheduled absences as needed
- Maintain current BLS/ACLS
- Attend professional CME meetings as assigned and attend medical Grand Rounds as scheduled.
- Participate in Recruitment
- Perform additional duties as requested by the Chair and Program Director.
- Perform Scholarly Activity as delineated by ACGME accreditation requirements
- ABIM certification required to renew this contract and continue as program faculty