Specialty: Medical Director/Administrative
Job Number: 16525
The Lead Faculty of the Academic Adult Medicine Residents Clinic is responsible for the administrative, educational and clinical oversight of the clinic. The successful applicant will dedicate an average of 12 hours per week to the administrative and educational aspects of the clinic and 28 hours per week for clinical care of patients in the Academic Adult Medicine Clinic (includes serving as preceptor to residents 20 hours and seeing patients on their own 8 hours).
- Supervises the resident’ s clinical care of patients in the Academic Adult Medicine Clinic.
- Provides direct patient care in the outpatient setting.
- Develop and maintain clinic preceptor schedule.
- Prepares and participates in lectures, curriculum development, resident evaluations, and when appropriate writing letters of recommendation.
- Oversee all aspects of clinical and administrative care within the clinic setting pertaining to residents’ training.
- Oversee quality improvement for cancer screening, cardiovascular risk management and chronic disease management.
- Collaborate with Physician Group leadership to implement a successful transformation to more patient centered, high- value model of care at the resident continuity clinic (e.g. PCMH).
- Develop innovative schedules to balance inherent conflicts between inpatient and outpatient responsibilities (e.g. 4+ 2 model, firm system).
- Participate in the Adult Medicine call schedule (telephone call only)
- Graduate of an ACGME-accredited residency program in Internal Medicine.
- Able to obtain medical license in the State of Illinois and medical staff privileges at Foundation Hospital.
- Possess and maintain current certification by the American Board of Internal Medicine.
- Possess documented clinical and academic experience to ensure effective implementation of the program requirements of internal medicine residency programs.
- Must be a clinician with a broad knowledge of, experience with, and commitment to internal medicine as a discipline, and to the generalist training of residents.
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in Primary care setting.
- Prior experience with working with residents in clinic setting with background in Research and QI strongly preferred.
- Experience/efficiency with working with EMR.
- Prior leadership experience/ training.
- Completed post graduate training from Preventive Medicine or Primary care track residency program desirable.