School of Medicine is seeking a full-time Maternal Fetal Medicine Physician. Candidate must hold, or be eligible for, a certificate of special competence in Maternal Fetal Medicine from the American Board.
• Three MFM board certified sub-specialists, a PhD in Reproductive Physiology, faculty level sonologist and genetic counselors
• Antenatal Diagnosis (10, 000+ ultrasound studies annually), Clinical Genetics, Outpatient and Inpatient Consultation Services
• State-of-the-art Ultrasound Imaging System and image storage
• Established Perinatal Network in eastern North Carolina (29 counties)
• Clinical volumes average 3, 900 deliveries/year
• 350 Maternal Transports annually
• State-of-the-art Children’ s Hospital offering 20 pediatric sub-specialties
The faculty members' interests and skills include:
• Consultation for regional providers concerning high-risk pregnancies
• Outpatient Management of High Risk Pregnancies, 9, 000+ visits (2, 000 patients per year)
• Preconceptional Counseling
• Full range of fetal diagnostic procedures including: amniocentesis, PUBS, CVS, etc
• Fetal therapy including intrauterine transfusion, amino infusion, drug therapy, twin to twin transfusion syndrome, etc.
• Clinical research with basic science collaboration