Specialty: Internal Medicine
Job Number: 16612
Internal Medicine Physician
Graduation from an accredited medical school with a degree of Doctor of Medicine or Osteopathy. Satisfactory professional references.
Completion of an approved 4-year residency program.
Board certified or Board eligible
Must have an active license to practice in the State of North Carolina.
Experience: A minimum of 4 years medical experience; ability to work with and provide healthcare to individuals of varied economic and social backgrounds.
No Visa Applicants
• Provides primary medical care by caring for all patients in accordance with the nurse practitioners medical specialty and Practice Act.
• Practitioner shall follow the correct OSHA and HIPAA guidelines and take measures to ensure that these guidelines are followed in the clinical work areas.
• Provides in– patient care to the Center patients and hospitalizes patients as required.
• Stresses the importance of preventative health care measures.
• Provides after hour call coverage as assigned.
• Meets productivity and billing goals set by the organization.
• Appropriately confers with supervising physician in the care of patients. Appropriately confers with patients and/or patient’ s family members by providing
timely information regarding lab results and other findings relative to the proper care of patients.
• Makes appropriate referrals to those that require specialist services and conducts proper follow up to assure that continuity of care is provided.
• Actively participates in the development and implementation of a Quality Assurance plan or Performance Improvement for the Center.
• Attends all medical staff meetings.
• Conducts clinical encounters in accordance with the Electronic Health Record (EHR) procedures to include accurate completion of templates that address both
preventive and chronic care measures as required.
• Demonstrates proficiency in the utilization of the Electronic Health Record and provide timely completion and maintenance of patient charts as per Center policy.
• Maintain a professional personal appearance and demeanor while on Center premises or representing the Center with patients and/or staff.