Job ID: 18154
- BC/BE MD/DO Nocturnist needed in New Haven area
- Provide inpatient services on overnight shifts (12 hours), 183 nights per year, rotating per the schedule determined by the Chief Hospitalist.
- Admit and manage the Hospitalist Service patients and provide high quality, safe, and efficient medical care to those patients.
- Low volume of 5-6 admissions per night. May go up to 10 on extremely busy nights.
- Provide consults as requested on non-medical services.
- Provide timely sign out of all patients admitted on the shift to daytime hospitalists as appropriate.
- Supervise codes and rapid responses during shift as needed.
- Supervise and/or perform procedures as needed.
- Work with Emergency Department clinicians and staff to expedite transition of care and admissions.
- Comply with applicable quality and safety measures, including Core Measures from Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
- Supervise, teach, and evaluate medical house staff and other trainees on a daily basis.
- Participate in other clinical, educational, or quality improvement work as recommended by the
- Competitive salary plus bonus based on productivity
- Potential signing bonus and relocation
- Generous time off including vacation, holidays, sick time and CME
- Benefits include medical, vision, dental (including orthodontia), 401k with employer match and CME allowance.
- H-1B and greencard applicant sponsorship
- The community has close to 20, 000 residents and is just over an hour from Manhattan and 45 minutes to Hartford. The area is rich in history and has a charming downtown area. There are several parks and rivers locally and many entertainment options.