Job ID: 18034
Requirements: Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide obstetrical and gynecological care appropriate to the age of the patients served. Able to diagnose patient conditions and provide appropriate treatment recommendations. Demonstrates knowledge of the principles of fetal growth and development. Ability to identify and categorize each patient’ s age specific grouping of needs, such as those for adolescent, adult or geriatric patients. Possess the ability to establish and maintain collegial relationships with coworkers. Demonstrates flexibility and resilience in response to changing clinical or administrative environments as well as performing hospital deliveries. Functions in a calm manner during stressful and emergency situations.
Essential Functions: Perform comprehensive physical examination, and compile patient medical data including health history and results of physical examination. Orders or performs therapeutic procedures such as injections, immunizations, and basic wound care. Instructs and counsels patients regarding compliance with prescribed therapeutic regimens, normal growth and development, family planning, emotional problems of daily living, and health maintenance. Develops and implements patient management plans, follows hospitalized patients as appropriate, records progress notes, and assists in provision of continuity of care. Gain competence in Electronic Medical Record System. Billing submission at time of office visit.
Skills and experience
- Experience in ambulatory primary care setting preferred, but will consider strong collaborative experience with primary care providers
- Experience performing therapeutic procedures related to Obstetrical and Gynecological care
- Ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Effective communication skills(verbal and written)
- Listening skills
- Customer service skills
- Computer skills (Microsoft office suite)
- Interest in serving low income-multicultural populations
- Valid Connecticut driver’ s license and insurance
- MD or DO from accredited medical school
- Board certified or board eligible
- Connecticut License
- Federal and State controlled substance licenses
- State narcotic registration (CTPMP)
- BLS certification.
- Eligible for hospital privileges
Job Summary: Clinical services provided shall include routine, appropriate, acute and chronic care as assigned and as dictated by specific training certification and licensure.
The Practitioner will be knowledgeable about agency and clinical policies, keep all patient information confidential, and shall assume responsibility for the development and realization of an individual ongoing care plan for all patients including the performance of selected procedures. Supervises or participates in patient emergencies as required.
Requires good manual dexterity and fine motor coordination, good vision, physical mobility and flexibility. Potential exposure to blood borne pathogens through direct patient contact. Must follow OSHA standards and Universal Precautions at all times. A great deal of standing and sitting throughout the day. Audiovisual acuity to perform office diagnostic and therapeutic procedures. Physical ability to assist with pediatric, elderly or incapacitated patients during the physical examination. Ability to lift up to 45 pounds onto exam table.
Full-time- 40+ hours per week