PO Box 539
Specialty: Nurse Practitioner
Job Number: 14440
Successful Health System is currently seeking a full-time Oncology Nurse Practitioner. The Nurse Practitioner’ s primary responsibilities will be to work in the Medical Oncology Clinic, under the guidance of experienced medical oncologists.
- Develops and implements a program of specialized health care for the Hematology/Oncology patient population.
- Responsible for communication with the physician(s) regarding all aspects of patient care and will seek input and direction from physician(s) as needed.
- Utilizes advanced practice knowledge to identify, prevent or solve complex and/or recurring patient care problems.
- Performs physical and psychological assessments, diagnosis and treatment of episodic illnesses in collaboration with physicians.
- Follows and manages patients, enhancing continuity of care.
- Responsible for accurate and timely billing as well as timely completion of all required documentation to support patient care and the level of service submitted for billing.
The Nurse Practitioner will promote a collaborative relationship between the medical staff, professional nurses and administrative staff, to ensure continuity of patient care. S/he must possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a collaborative team.
Position requires current licensure in Maryland as a registered nurse in the expanded role and a master' s degree in Nursing. Demonstrated competence in hematology/oncology care. AOCN certification desired or willingness to obtain within one year.