Medical Center is currently searching for a Pediatric General Surgeon to start a new Pediatric Surgery service line. This is a fantastic ground floor opportunity to support the existing Trauma Unit and to lead the hospital in the development of a full service Pediatric Center. Our Pediatric Emergency Department experienced a 14% growth in 2016 with over 9, 422 Pediatric ED Visits; and Pediatric admissions of 545. This is a growing community with the largest Pediatric ED market share in the Myrtle Beach area.
• Dedicated Pediatric ED Unit staffed by board certified and board eligible pediatric emergency medicine physicians
• Pediatric Hospitalist and Intensivist service staffed by board certified pediatric critical care physicians 24/7 and an 8-bed Pediatric Intensive Care Unit.
• 8+ Pediatricians serve as referral base for ED and for inpatient care.
• Locums will be provided for back up
• We are actively recruiting a number of Pediatric Sub-Specialists to further support this initiative.
• Applicants must be double boarded in General and Pediatric Surgery.
• This will be an employed position with our affiliated practice with competitive compensation and full benefits.