Specialty: Physician Assistant - Orthopedics
Job Number: 20155
Physician Assistant - Orthopedics Needed
New grads welcome
- Salary is $100k
- Call not required
- Comprehensive benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement
• Current BLS certification.
• Current Nebraska or compact State license
• 2 years minimal experience
• Full Time, salaried position – not a timed forty (40) hour workweek.
• A typical workday begins and ends helping physicians to see or operate on patients. PAs will see patients individually with Physician supervision.
• Obtains complete medical history and physical data on patients. Reviews patient records, interpreting and integrating data to determine appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic procedures needed.
• Performs a complete physical exam and records findings. Establishes presumptive diagnosis.
• Orders appropriate laboratory and diagnostic procedures.
• Administers injections and oral medications. Sutures wounds and provides wound care and infection management. Prepares written prescription orders for drugs and controlled substances.
• Interviews and advises patients regarding health and illness prevention; instructs patient and family regarding medications and treatment instructions. Provides patient education.
• Triages patient telephone calls and provides consultation.
• Performs independent evaluations and treatment procedures in emergency situations.
• Provides monitoring and continuity of care between physician visits.
• Provides call coverage with Physician.
• Rounds on patients at Great Plains Health.