Job ID: 18160
Specialty: Physician Assistant
- Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant Hospitalist needed in New Haven area
- Provide direct care to hospitalized patients, including diagnosis and treatment.
- Conduct daily hospitalist rounds on all patients admitted to the service.
- Examines patients, obtain medical history, performs and interprets diagnostic tests and documents all services in medical record.
- Coordinates with specialists, hospital departments and administration to ensure high quality and effective patient care.
- Communicates, consults and collaborates with all providers, the interdisciplinary team and other healthcare personnel reviewing patients’ progress and ensuring timely discharge.
- Converses daily with families, referring physicians and specialists in the care and treatment of patients on the service.
- Create treatment plans, and involve patients and family members in those plans.
- Provide timely sign out of all patients admitted on the shift to medical staff as appropriate.
- Supervise codes and rapid responses during shift as needed.
- Work with Emergency Department clinicians and staff to expedite transition of care and admissions.
- Comply with applicable quality and safety measures, including Core Measures from Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
- Two shifts available:
- 12 hour shifts, 7am – 7pm, with 7 on/7 off rotation.
- Swing shift, 4pm – 12am, M-F
- Competitive salary plus bonus based on productivity
- Potential signing bonus and relocation
- Generous time off including vacation, holidays, sick time and CME
- Benefits include medical, vision, dental (including orthodontia), 401k with employer match and CME allowance.
- H-1B and greencard applicant sponsorship
- The community has close to 20, 000 residents and is just over an hour from Manhattan and 45 minutes to Hartford. The area is rich in history and has a charming downtown area. There are several parks and rivers locally and many entertainment options.