Job ID: 15318
Job #15318 | Psychiatry Opportunity - Just a few miles from Tucson, AZ
Hospital is seeking a BC/BE, PRN Psychiatrist, with three (3) to six (6) years practice experience (preferred), as well as experience with a senior behavioral inpatient unit (preferred), to cover the Senior Behavioral Unit at the Hospital. Physician must demonstrate competency to provide services to a senior behavioral patient population a well as identify and support the development and oversight of the clinical services necessary to meet the mental health needs of the patients.
- Physician will participate in the monitoring, evaluation and modification of the clinical program and provide direct patient treatment or ensure the presence of a qualified physician who will attend to patient care needs in the absence of the Medical Director.
- Provide active involvement to the program' s quality initiatives, including its Quality Improvement plan, referral source satisfaction initiatives, patient/family satisfaction initiatives, and any other program activities determined to result in quality patient care.
- Develop, plan and implement a physician peer review process for all members of the medical staff who are practicing in the program inclusive of periodic clinical record reviews, and disciplining/coaching for higher performance.
- Work with the Director of Behavioral Health Services on assuring that other members of the Medical Staff, practicing in the program, meet all Local, State, Federal, TJC and Medical Staff Bylaw requirements.
- Hospital Based Position
- Current Call is 1: 3
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Benefits Package may include: CME Allowance and Relocation
Life in Tucson Amenities:
- 324 days of sunshine perfect for hiking, biking, swimming, rock climbing, running and golf
- A culinary smorgasbord of outstanding local restaurants and the " Famous" Southwest Cuisine
- Mix of highly-rated private and public schools, including the University of Arizona
- Beautiful night skies as Tucson is the " Astronomy Capital of the World"!
- Growing biotech industry, bringing highly educated employees to Tucson and Oro Valley
- World-class Resorts
- Easy Access to Phoenix, Sedona, Scottsdale and San Diego for Weekend Getaways!