420 bed regional referral center serving 13 counties, 600K person referral area seeks Program Director to help develop and implement a NEW ACGME Psychiatry residency . This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced, motivated physician leader to have input in building a program from the ground up. The Program Director will be responsible for the development and operation of the Psychiatry Residency Program and will oversee the activities of the residents and other faculty members.
• Current board certification in Psychiatry by ABEM or AOBEM; & demonstrated exp. in a leadership role
• Evidence of ongoing involvement in scholarly activity, including peer-reviewed publications
Current behavioral health services services include psychiatric hospitalists treating adult patients in 28 bed inpatient unit. Psychiatric team includes LCSW, psychiatric NP’ s and RN’ s & counselors
• Dedicated outpatient program provides Partial Hospital and Intensive Outpatient programs for Adults
• BHS treats general adult psychiatry patients with separate programs for Mood and Anxiety Disorders, Geriatrics, Substance Abuse, and Intensive Psychiatric Inpatient programs.
• Subspecialty coverage available in all specialties including ortho, neurosurgery, cardiothoracic and vascular surgery
• Radiology coverage in house 24/ 7
• ACGME IM residency began July 2018 with 13 residents
• 28 bed Level 2 trauma ED staffed with 12 EM residency trained physicians
• 59, 000 annual ED visits Job Description
• Develop and lead the operation of the Psychiatry Residency Program
• Oversee the activities of the residents and other faculty members
• Recruit, interview, and select residents, and facilitate the involvement of residents
• Assist the Medical Center in recruiting a sufficient number of appropriately trained and qualified faculty members to conduct the program.
• Participate with the DME/DIO and VPMA in the overall formulation, review and revision of policies and procedures, and structure and content of the curriculum for the program.
• Structure, coordinate, and participate with the faculty in providing a didactic program for residents in compliance with ACGME requirements
• Competitive salary including but not limited to paid vacation, matching retirement, health, dental and vision insurance options
• Commencement bonus and relocation allowance
• CME allowance, paid malpractice and paid licensing fee
• Protected time minimum 50% (20 hours/ week) dedicated to program educational and administrative duties.
One of the largest not-for-profit tertiary referral centers in Alabama
• 420 licensed bed facility
• 2, 700+ dedicated employees
• 350 active Medical Staff
• 22 ORs with 2 endovascular suites and open heart, IR and Vas surgery
• Interventional cardiology, EP and radiology labs, lithotripsy, 3 MRIs (1 a 3-T), 3 CTs including a 64 slice CT and Pet Scanner
• 24/7 Neurosurgery coverage with 3 employed neurosurgeons and 1 fellowship trained neuroendovascular interventionalist
• 10 bed dedicated Neurocritical Care Unit for acute stroke/neuroendovascular care
• 28 bed inpatient psychiatric program and outpatient center with psychiatric hospitalist coverage
• Serves over 600, 000 in a 75-mile radius