2800 Main St.
Specialty: Physician Assistant - General Surgery
Job Number: 19076
Full-time Surgical PA to join multidisciplinary team of PA' s in the Dept. of Surgery. Clinical responsibility is to provide assistance to Surgeons with the clinical care and treatment of patients covering vascular, plastics, hand, ENT, bariatrics and urology.
- Display professional competency in the OR
- Perform and assist with bedside procedures as appropriate
- Education of patients, families and other health care providers as needed
- Complete histories and physicals on patients of all ages to establish and record patient’ s current health status and to develop a working diagnosis and treatment plan to provide continuing medical care, including daily examinations, writing orders, chart notes, discharging patients and completing discharge summaries.
- Assist surgeon during surgeries.
- Implement therapeutic intervention for specific conditions
- Order, collect and perform appropriate laboratory or diagnostic procedures, and studies including but not limited to blood and tissue specimens.
- Ordering or performing diagnostic studies such as, but not limited to electrocardiogram, compartment pressure measurements, and x-ray examinations including special x-ray examinations CT, MRI, and bone scans, etc.
40 Hours Monday – Friday 30-40 % OR time
- Licensed Physician Assistant credentialed from the Connecticut Department of Public Health obtained prior to hire date
- BLS & ACLS Required
- One or more of the following:
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA)/American Red Cross obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Beautiful residential suburb with excellent school districts.
- Coastal community with excellent cultural and educational resources
- Just over an hour from Manhattan.