- Looking for talented surgeons to join team of rapidly growing trauma program.
- Must be board certified or eligible in both general surgery and surgical critical care.
- Join a well-established and respected 14-person team consisting of 7 acute care surgeons and 7 physician assistants.
- Candidates should also be clinically comfortable with a broad range of surgical procedures and have an interest in both research and teaching.
- The program offers one year in advanced structured call schedules. The practice also covers emergency general surgery and a closed trauma / surgical ICU.
- Additional faculty appointment is available
- 360 bed health system growing to 410 beds in early 2019. Facilities have been consistently growing over the course of the last 5 years, having invested $136 M in capital improvements through 2016. Facility has another $110 M in construction underway to include expansion of ER, OR, and IP Bed Capacity at both facilities. This is a high functioning Level II Trauma Center, and is the only trauma center in Marion, Hernando and Citrus counties. The facility also leads a growing GME program in partnership with UCF.
Ocala is a remarkable town for raising a family and includes one of Florida’ s top elementary schools. Marion County, with Ocala at its heart, boasts of winding community pathways that are canopied with oak trees and dangling trellises of Spanish Moss, Silver Springs - Nature' s Theme Park, the Ocala National Forest, the rolling green fields of horse farms, historic districts, outstanding golf courses, friendly communities, crystal-clear rivers, and fresh-water springs. Also, the subtropical climate makes Marion County a vacation destination year-round. Marion County has a population of approximately 316, 000 and is conveniently located one hour from the east and west coasts of Florida and one hour from Orlando.