· Board Certified/Board Eligible
· Fellowship trained or recent experience in a Level I facility
· Preferred start date in 2016 Practice Structure
· Employed position with benefits and paid time off
· Position will be an assistant or co-director of trauma program with one other trauma surgeon
· May have outpatient clinic for general surgery as well as cover call for Level III trauma
· Take call from home (approximately 15-20 days per month)
· Competitive salary based on MGMA data and experience
· Other compensation: relocation reimbursement and sign on bonus
Regional Medical Center and the Position Regional Medical Center is the only Level III Trauma Center in the western portion of Arizona with a large catchment basin – which includes a number of smaller hospitals. This position will be the Co-Trauma Director working alongside a seasoned Trauma Director. This is a great opportunity for an early or mid-career trauma surgeon who may or may not have Trauma Director experience but would like that as a career path. In addition, you will be able to participate in the start of a brand new trauma program!
Regional Medical Center is a licensed 171 bed acute care facility fully accredited by The Joint Commission. Providing 24 hour emergency services, it is also a state certified ALS Base Hospital, authorizing medical direction and support of pre-hospital care providers, fire department paramedic and ambulance personnel. The facility offers a full complement of patient-centered, community hospital and regional referral services in most major medical disciplines, including open heart and neurosurgery. More than 130 affiliated physicians and allied health professionals comprise the medical staff and represent a broad cross-section of specialty areas.