2800 Main St.
Specialty: Physician Assistant
Job Number: 19078
- Full time or part time General Surgery Physician Assistant
- Join the ACS/Trauma Services in a Level II Trauma Center
- Support ACS/Trauma Surgeons in the Emergency room, operating room and rounding on the Inpatient Units.
- Manage the inpatient ACS/Trauma surgical service line
- Participate in emergent, operative and floor work of all patients managed by the ACS/Trauma Surgery service line
- Including admissions, discharges, rounds, evaluations and bedside/ED Procedures
- Provide acute/trauma consults in the ED and floors
- Rounding in ICU as surgical consultant – full time critical care coverage in house
- Provide follow up of acute care surgery/patients in a weekly clinic located on hospital campus
- Assist in operative procedures in a wide variety of acute and trauma cases… previous operative experiences a plus
- Preform a wide variety of beside procedures including but not limited to central lines, chest tubes, arterial lines
- Supportive faculty surgeon group who provides 24/7 in house coverage
- Supportive and robust Advance Practice Providers in other Surgical Service lines including Ortho and CT surgery
- Interest in Education a MUST – appointment to Frank H. Netter MD School of Medicine will be available
- Opportunity for clinical and professional development
- Weekdays – days, evenings, and nights available
- Weekend – day and nights available
- Licensed Physician Assistant credentialed from the Connecticut Department of Public Health obtained prior to hire date.
- BLS & ACLS Required
- One or more of the following:
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Certified BLS Provider credentialed from the American Red Cross obtained within 2 Months (60 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Beautiful residential suburb with excellent school districts.
- Coastal community with excellent cultural and educational resources
- Just over an hour from Manhattan