Specialty: Family Practice
Job Number: 18969
- Perform complete physical exams and assessments of patients including urgent and non-urgent presentation.
- Select, order, perform and interpret tests, analyses and diagnostic images to provide information on patient condition and augment physical findings.
- Analyze reports and findings of tests to diagnose patients.
- Prescribe or administer treatment, therapy, medication, vaccination and other specialized medical care to treat or prevent illness and injury.
- Perform procedures including laceration repair, orthopedics and provide referrals to medical specialists.
- Explain procedures and discuss test results and prescribed treatments with patients.
- Notate findings and treatment course in patient electronic chart including follow-up notes.
- Perform physicals— including sports, DOT, non-DOT, pre-employment and annuals
- Evaluate patients for workers’ compensation injuries, coordinating with employer/clients to balance the needs of the patient and requirements of the employer
- Oversee mid-level providers working independently at clinics within the region, when necessary.
- 2+ years clinical experience providing patient care as Staff Physician. Preference for ABMS Board certification in family practice
- Understanding of medical coding and billing.
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations including OSHA, HIPAA, blood borne pathogens and others.
- Competent with common PC applications including Internet, Email and Microsoft Office as well as comfortable with EMR applications.
- Understanding and experience with occupational health practices, including CME qualification, drug testing protocols, employment physicals, and OSHA guideline
Salary determined on experience and typically want 14-16 shifts per month (12-hours). Benefits available including 401k.