Specialty: Surgery - Burn
Job Number: 27165
- Full-time academic Burn Surgeon to join the Division of Burn Surgery.
- The Department of Surgery has 15 separate clinical Divisions in which the The Division of Burn currently includes five full-time faculty members.
- The Arizona Burn Center is the State of Arizona’s only ACS/ABA Nationally Verified Burn Center and holds an international reputation of excellence in the field of burn care.
- Comprised of 45 total burn beds (19 ICU) and separate Pediatric and Adult Medical/Surgical Units, the Arizona Burn Center has its own emergency room, two separate operating rooms as well as fully functional service line of ancillary staff.
- Admissions approximate 1200 per year with over 2,000 operations, 2,250 emergency room (burn/wound) visits and over 6,000 clinic visits annually.
- Burn Attending Staff regularly interact with every service line in the hospital system as well as state-wide hospital and pre-hospital providers.
- The ideal applicant will have a focused and demonstrated interest in burn surgery and have significant interests in participating in departmental, clinical, administrative and residency leadership.
- Appointed members of the department are expected to participate in clinical research and outcomes, quality improvement, and must have the desire to mentor/teach medical students, residents, fellows, nursing as well as ancillary staff students and trainees.
- Additionally, as a member of the burn team, participation in outreach, community education and interactions with providers thru lectures, local and regional burn meetings and Advanced Burn Life Support Courses is required.
- The successful candidate will be focused upon acute burn care, burn reconstruction, the treatment of major/complex wounds as well as promoting a leadership role in regards to patient care and system priorities.
- Prospective candidates must be Board Certified/Board Eligible in General with Special Qualifications in Surgical Critical Care.
- Non-tenure academic appointments with affiliated medical schools including Creighton University, the University of Arizona, the Mayo Clinic, and Midwestern University are available commensurate with the candidate’s experience.
- Candidate must have a current Arizona Medical License or be eligible for application.
- 4 weeks paid time off
- 1 week CME time off with CME stipend
- 10 paid holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life insurance, long term disability, AD&D insurance
- 401K plan with up to 6 percent employer match
- Paid medical malpractice insurance with tail coverage
- Surrounded by mountain ranges, the Greater Phoenix area encompasses more than 500 square miles of Sonoran Desert and is comprised of 24 total municipalities – each with a distinct set of characteristics, attractions and flavors that offer visitors a unique glimpse at the nation's fifth-largest city. Greater Phoenix is one of the largest metro areas in the United States, with roughly 5 million people who live here.
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.