425 North Elm St.
Specialty: Surgery - Cardiovascular
Job Number: 20863
Cardiac Surgeon to Join Thriving Program in Minnesota
Ideal Candidate would bring a full complement of adult cardiovascular surgery and thoracic surgery utilizing the newest technology & procedures
- BC/BE cardiovascular/thoracic surgery
- Join 3 Surgeons and 6 PAs
- 20 Cardiologists/5 EPs in group
- Surgical Suites with biplane angiography
- 3 year training program is preferred
- Experience is a plus
- Minimally invasive skills
- TAVR experience is a plus
- Clinic employed position
- Beckers Hospital Review for “ 100 hospitals and health systems with great heart programs” in 2016.
- 4.5 day work week for 3 surgeons.
- 210 shifts/year
- Call every third weekend, every third night, every third holiday
- APP support for first call.
- 15-20 pts followed by group on the inpt service
- 15 new consults/week
- Volumes for 3 surgeons
- 197 valves
- 288 CABG
- 144 TAVR
- 283 Other cardiovascular procedures that fall under the CV surgery line
- 6-7 APP’ s support the surgeons in clinic, IP and surgery
- Starting salary for new grad is $600, 000 range
- Sign on bonus $50, 000
- We arrange and pay for move
- 3 EP labs, 4 cath labs
We are committed to providing excellent patient care, attracting high-caliber staff. This group provides cardiology services to a 23 county area in Central Minnesota.
We are the largest and most advanced heart and vascular center in Central Minnesota. We see more than 30, 000 patients in consult and follow-up each year
- Heart & Vascular Center was named one of the nation’ s 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals® for 2015 by Truven Health Analytics, a leading health care data company.
- Consumer Reports has previously recognized our heart and vascular center, calling it an “’ all-star’ heart surgery group” for maintaining the top three-star score three years running
- Consumer Reports magazine has again given us a top score for heart bypass surgery in its August 2014 issue. No other hospital in Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota or Iowa received this recognition.
- Multi-specialty clinic of 250+ physicians
- Tertiary care center
- Referral base over 900, 000
- Magnet Hospital since 2004
- " Top 100” Hospital eleven times
- Level II Trauma Center
- Regional referral center with recent $225 million hospital expansion of surgical suites, ICU, CCU and private rooms
- Five-star rated by HealthGrades for coronary bypass surgery for 10 consecutive years (2003-2012).
- Five-star rated by HealthGrades for valve surgery in 2012.
- Recipient of the HealthGrades Cardiac Surgery Excellence Award for two consecutive years (2011-2012).
- Five-star rated by HealthGrades for coronary interventional procedures for three consecutive years (2010-2012)
We are in a community that is wonderful place to live, work and raise a family. You can take advantage of the events in Minneapolis/St. Paul, but live in low stress and relaxing community
- 60 minutes from Twin Cities
- Mini-Metro of 130, 000 people
- Four season recreation
- Theatre and arts
- Excellent School options
- Family Friendly
- Four colleges
- Lakes area