Specialty: Nurse Practitioner - Psychiatry
Job Number: 27615
- Provides direct care, counseling, and teaching to patients and families according to established collaborative protocols and standards of care.
- Sets priorities for appropriate and efficient management of patient care that reflects cost effective management of time, available human resources, supplies, and equipment.
- Performs psychiatric evaluations, psychotherapy and psychopharmacologic treatment and provides preventive health measures within prescribed guidelines and appropriate to patient needs.
- Orders, interprets, and evaluates appropriate lab and diagnostic tests to assess patient's clinical problems and health care needs.
- Based on outcome of diagnostic, lab, and physical assessment findings, arranges for appropriate plan of care and follow-up.
- Records pertinent patient care findings in the medical record.
- Maintains interdisciplinary approach to planning and communicating patient care information by discussing patient data with appropriate physicians and other health care professionals.
- Evaluates outcomes of patient care and makes necessary revisions in care plan.
- Seeks and provides consultative services as required.
- Through patient education and counseling, incorporates the concepts of health maintenance, prevention, and promotion into daily practice.
- Demonstrates awareness of community resources and assists staff, patients, and families to effectively utilize them.
- Master's degree in nursing required. Completion of an accredited educational program for nurse practitioners required.
- Current license to practice as a registered nurse in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts with authorization by the Board of Registration in Nursing to practice in an expanded role. Registered with the ANCC or other accrediting organization for Nurse Practitioners.
Registered with the State of Massachusetts and DEA for prescription writing privileges. Current BLS and ACLS Certifications.
- Minimum of three years of current clinical nursing experience and two years experience in adult practice required.
Prior experience in-related clinical practice preferred.
- Boston is the state capital and most populous city of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, as well as the cultural and financial center of the New England region of the United States. It is the 24th-most populous city in the country.
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.