Job Number: 27680
- Seeking an Inpatient Psychologist for a position at Behavioral Health Hospital in Phoenix, AZ.
- The population at our inpatient facilities consists primarily of individuals who are court-ordered for psychiatric evaluations and/or treatment. Most individuals have a serious mental illness and are in need of inpatient care.
- The psychologist’s primary responsibilities will include psychological assessment of hospitalized inpatients (personality, cognitive, intellectual, and diagnostic testing) and behavior planning for inpatients who exhibit behavior considered dangerous to self or others.
- Psychiatry Department includes an accredited psychiatric residency training program and welcomes interested faculty to be involved in didactic instruction as well as supervision opportunities. Hospital is an affiliated training site for medical students from the Creighton School of Medicine and the University of Arizona College of Medicine – Phoenix, and staff participating in education of the students are eligible for faculty appointment to these medical schools.
- Candidates must have a degree in clinical psychology and be eligible for licensure in Arizona.
- Other responsibilities will be determined, based on the applicant’s facility with psychological assessment, teaching experience, research, and interests.
- Ideal candidates will have a background with specific experience in assessment and the ability to communicate findings concisely via a written report and oral feedback.
- Candidates will enjoy working with staff and patients to solve behavioral challenges in the hospital setting. Important characteristics for applicants include a desire to work with the seriously mentally ill, a willingness to work in a consult position, autonomy, motivation, and flexibility.
- Competitive compensation plan/benefits package, paid time off, CME allowance with paid time off and employer paid malpractice insurance.
- Arizona offers a wonderful Southwestern lifestyle with an affordable cost of living, warm weather year-round, and numerous activities such as hiking, biking, fishing, camping, golf, festivals, etc. The Phoenix metropolis is a vibrant cosmopolitan area, providing a wide range of social and cultural activities including theatre, professional sports, symphony, and many museums devoted to the culture, history, and beauty of the Southwest
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.