Specialty: Surgery - Vascular
Job Number: 28607
- An immediate opportunity exists for a full-time Vascular surgeon. The Department staffs a community hospital with a State and American College of Surgeons designated Level 1 Trauma and Burn Center in the metropolitan Phoenix area.
- The Department is seeking a Vascular Surgeon interested in resident education to join and become an integral member of the vascular team.
- The surgeon would be appointed to the Department of Surgery with responsibilities relating to serving as a faculty member, traditional inpatient and outpatient services in the elective, urgent, and emergent care of the vascular patient, teaching, and on-call coverage.
- The Department also hosts a General Surgery and Surgical Podiatry Residency Program and provides supervision to resident rotators in surgery.
- The Department hosts a fully accredited ACGME General Surgery Residency Program.
- The surgery department is seeking a clinical based vascular surgeon. General summary of clinical practice entails staffing of outpatient clinic, open vascular surgery, endovascular interventions, and vein ablations.
- The preferred candidate must be board certified/eligible in Vascular Surgery. The candidate must have a strong interest in post-graduate education.
- Previous faculty experience in an academic environment is preferred. Extensive training and experience may satisfy either board requirement.
- Our physicians hold faculty appointments and participate in inter-professional teaching through the Creighton University Arizona Health Education Alliance.
- 4 weeks paid time off
- 1 week CME time off with CME stipend
- 10 paid holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life insurance, long term disability, AD&D insurance
- 401K plan with up to 6 percent employer match
- Paid medical malpractice insurance with tail coverage
- Surrounded by mountain ranges, the Greater Phoenix area encompasses more than 500 square miles of Sonoran Desert and is comprised of 24 total municipalities – each with a distinct set of characteristics, attractions and flavors that offer visitors a unique glimpse at the nation's fifth-largest city. Greater Phoenix is one of the largest metro areas in the United States, with roughly 5 million people who live here.