Specialty: Family Medicine
Job Number: 26579
- Provides and manages direct patient care, including physical examinations, evaluations, assessments, diagnoses and treatment for a specified patient population.
- Prescribes pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens as appropriate to assessed medical conditions.
- Refers patients to specialists and to relevant patient care components as appropriate.
- Follows established departmental policies, procedures, and objectives.
- Maintains a professional relationship with staff and patients.
- Performs other related and/or necessary tasks to achieve clinic goals and objectives, as directed by the Medical Director.
- Care team responsibilities as outlined in the Care Team Patient Center Medical Home Procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Valid and unrestricted license issued by the Medical Board of California to practice medicine.
- Board certified or Board Eligible
- Ability to speak Spanish is highly desired but not required.
- Current registration issued by the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) allowing the prescription of drugs.
- Prior experience working in a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) a plus.
- Prior experience working in community health a plus.
- Must be CPR Certified.
- NextGen Electronic Health Records (EHR) experiences a plus.
- Must maintain Continued Medical Education (CME) as required for certification renewals.
- Successful candidate must submit to post offer, post-employment physical examination/medical history check.
- Ability to observe, to assess, and to record symptoms, reactions, and progress.
- Knowledge of legal and ethical standards for the delivery of medical care.
- Ability to see an average of 20 patients per day for Full Time shift.
- Marin County is in Northern California, across the Golden Gate Strait from San Francisco. The sprawling Marin Headlands has Golden Gate Bridge views, trails and the 1855 Point Bonita Lighthouse. North are the giant redwood trees of Muir Woods National Monument. Mount Tamalpais State Park’s namesake peak has panoramic views. The Frank Lloyd Wright–designed Marin County Civic Center is in county seat San Rafael.
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.