Specialty: Family Medicine
Job Number: 26604
- The family practice physician provides health assessment and direct care to patients as part of the provider team providing services to patients
- Understands and follows “Mission Statement”, “Code of Ethics”, organizational policies, and structure.
- Provides primary care using generally accepted standards of practice. The physician develops a plan of care for each patient, including complete history, physical examination, diagnosis, appropriate treatment and /or referral, used all available resources in an appropriate and cost efficient manner.
- Hospitalizes as needed any patient requiring in-patient care. Provides primary care during the hospitalization. A physician without active or courtesy hospital staff credentialing and privileging will require the authorization of the Medical Director.
- Confers with consulting physicians, midlevel providers, nurses, support staff, patients, and families concerning treatment and care of patients. Makes appropriate specialty and sub-specialty referrals, but maintains responsibility, assuring continuing of care
- Participates in regular call coverage.
- Participates in health promotion/disease prevention activities. Stresses the importance of preventive health care measures.
- Supports mid-level providers in supervision and consultation.
- Participates in quality improvement/assurance activities.
- Attends and participates in activities as requested.
- Attends mandatory inservices and meetings.
- Completes records in adequate professional detail, and in a timely and legible manner.
- Maintains and acquires knowledge and skills to perform required duties to meet all hospital, state, organizational and licensure requirements.
- Unencumbered license to practice medicine in Illinois as an MD/DO.
- Qualified in Basic Life Support.
- Must be Board Eligible or Board Certified.
- Located 35 miles west of Chicago, Aurora is the second largest city in Illinois with a population of 200,456.