Specialty: Family Medicine with OB
Job Number: 20864
Join a cohesive group that prides themselves in teamwork for the common good of taking care of their patients and themselves. This practice centers on the essence of the family medicine experience
• 6 MDs and 5 nurse practitioners
• Full Spectrum FM with OB: C/S available with back-up system
• Call is about once per week.
• Outreach resources
• Locum tenens cover the ER on weekends
• Critical Access hospital, Nursing Home, Dementia Unit, Independent Living Apartments, and Clinic under one roof
• Health profession shortage area
• Large Sign on bonus available
- Currently 6 Physicians and 5 NP’ s/PA’ s-Plan is to have 7 physicians.
- Average 20 patients/ day in clinic
- 4 days/week is full-time
- New Hospital opened in 2017
- Good Close group of Physicians- get along well together and work will with all staff
- Patient Satisfaction Score is 90.7 overall which is over the 60th percentile nationally
- Good Reputation & quality medical staff
- Service area is around 16, 500
- HPSA Loan Repayment available Score of 9- theoretically could get all loan debt paid through this program. State loan repayment
- System Loan Repayment available
- Signing Bonus
- 5 weeks vacation
- Life Insurance – 2 X annual salary up to a maximum of $280, 000
- Health Insurance- provide family coverage with minimal cost to physician
- Disability- short term & long term
- Malpractice Insurance
1: 6; plan to get to 1: 7
Call is about once per week. Our physicians back-up the nurse practitioners during the week- once per week for each NP. This has worked well. We have weekend locum tenens for the ER (Friday eve – Monday morning.) Our weekend on-call physician does rounds, Saturday morning clinic, admissions and assists with major trauma, if necessary.
C-section, tubal ligation, D& C Curettage, OB Ultrasound, LEEP, Colposcopy, Anterior & Posterior Nasal Packing, Vasectomy ( No scalpel types as well as traditional & vas clip), IUD insertions, simple lesion removals, repair laceration, incision and drainage procedure
Average Between 90-100 Births. 2019 for 11 months had 118 births. 30 of those were C-sections.
C-Sections average 26%
Primary (first time C-Sections) 14%
Two Birthing Suites
Rural Health Certification
HPSA designated area so eligible for Federal Loan Repayment Programs
$60, 000 for 2 years received by other physician- can reapply every 2 years
State loan programs and Health System loan repayment monies.
Part of the Rural Health Alliance
Payer and Population Mix
Private Insurance 60-65%; Medicare & Medical Assistance 35-40% Self Pay 5%
15 % Hispanic population- interpreter on staff and use interpreters through “ The Bridge”- or the phone
Population- 36.3% 1-24 years; 24.6% 25 to 44; 30-60 years; 20.4% 45 to 64; 18.9% 65-over
Clinic expanded and was remodeled in 2010
Physician has own office and 3 exam rooms, own nurse- same nurse every day.
2 procedure rooms
Average pts/day = 20-25
- New Hospital opened in 2017
- There are approximately 270 Employees/140 volunteers of the Hospital and Nursing Home.
- Critical Access Hospital- 25 beds- Average Daily Census is 5 pts
- 1883 ER visits for 2013
- Averages 157/month
- Transfers 149
- Summer months are a little higher
- Ambulance makes 190 runs/year transferring pts out- approximately 7.7%
- 650 admits/year for the hospital including births
- 20, 017 Hospital outpatient visits
- 444 total surgeries
- 2 Surgical Suites for inpatient and same-day surgeries
- Imaging provided by RDR 16 slice CT Scanner, ultrasound, dexascan, EKG,
- MRI comes 2x/week; Nuclear Medicine comes 2X/week
- Full-service, 24-hour Acute and Long-term Care
- 24-hour Emergency Care
- Inpatient and same-day surgery- 2 surgical suites
- 24-hour laboratory and X-ray
- Mobile Imaging Services
- In-house Imaging - CT scanning, ultrasound, EKG, dexascan
- Physical and Occupational Therapy
- Cardiac Rehabilitation Program
- Swingbed and Transitional Care admissions
- Hospice Care
- Independent Living Apartments
- Home Health and Homemaker Services
- Diet Instruction by a Registered Dietician
- Epilepsy and Cancer Support Groups
- Prenatal and Sibling Classes
- Newborn Hearing Testing
- 75 Bed Nursing Home with 27 Bed Alzheimer’ s unit
- 42 unit senior apartment complex
- Home Care /Hospice since 1990-91
- Family Medicine Residents can arrange a rotation. Most are from U of M/SCH Program
- There are two third year students and two fourth year students from Kirksville Osteopathic College.
- SIM program- 3 week rotations thru U of M Duluth
Some outreach is done in the clinic, some is done in the hospital.
Our visiting physicians include specialists in:
- General surgery
- Pain Clinic
- psychiatry- adult and child & adolescent
We have expanded the facilities to include a new clinic, new outpatient services area, a pharmacy, dental clinic, eye clinic, expanded parking facilities, a helicopter pad, & other improvements.
The health system includes a 25-bed community hospital with an attached 75-bed skilled nursing home and 42-unit senior apartment building. We offer a full range of health care services and convenient access to a variety of specialists.