Specialty: Medical Director/Administrative
Job Number: 17232
Hematology/Oncology Medical Director
- Live in beautiful Knoxville, Tennessee, a unique metropolitan area that is also a university town in close proximity to the Smoky Mountains. Knoxville offers the perfect mix of cultural charm and outdoor excitement and consistently ranks as one of the best and most affordable places to live in the country. Tennessee has no state income tax.
- Lead an established oncology program with a legacy of providing advanced cancer care and pioneering innovative cancer treatments for more than 25 years.
- The ideal candidate for this position is a successful oncology practitioner with a demonstrated track record of engagement with patients, physician colleagues, system leadership, and quality teams.
Medical Director Responsibilities:
- Physician leadership oversight of our team of nine hematologists and oncologists at multiple clinics throughout our cancer network
- Develop and oversee program goals and initiatives including clinical trials and our patient navigation program
- Quality oversight, including serving on the system oncology service line council, cancer committee, and quality committee
- Employed opportunity
- Designated “ protected time” to fulfill administrative responsibilities and clinical responsibilities
- Appointment to various leadership councils
Compensation & Benefits:
- Lucrative, competitive salary with generous sign-on bonus
- Full benefit package/CME allowance/vacation/401k
- Board certified in hematology and oncology
- Successful practitioner with demonstrated engagement track record; leadership experience a plus